Friday, October 30, 2009

Park Slope eats

A born and bred Brooklynite, Capathia Jenkins has lived in Park Slope for the past 20 years. When not running off to rehearsals in Times Square for "Love, Loss and What I Wore," or flying out to sing with a symphony, you can find her in her neighborhood, saying hi to the new businesses popping up.

"A lot of the time it's literally, I come home to sleep, and am up the next day on the train. Then there are those times where I just get to walk around, and so much has opened around my neighborhood," says Jenkins. "I love going into new shops, saying hi, how's it going, welcome to the neighborhood."

Recent finds of Jenkins that come recommended include:

Bark Hot Dogs (474 Bergen St.)

"Just most recently there's this new place called Bark, just like gourmet hot dogs. And I am a vegetarian but I have to go in, right, I'm just nosey and have to see what it is. I have this vegetarian hot dog, it's the best thing ever. It's my new favorite thing."

Vegetarian Palate (258 Flatbush Ave.)Dao Palate (329 Flatbush Ave.), pictured

"I love vegetarian places. I have a couple in the neighborhood now. Vegetarian Palate - I like them - and Dao Palate are good."



Bklyn Larder (228 Flatbush Ave.)

"And then I like the Bklyn Larder. It's a cheese place. They have meat too, and all of these different kinds of things you can get there. That’s a cool little place." (Photo: Brownstoner)

When you go in, make sure to say hi.

0 comments:

Copyright © 2009 All rights reserved

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP